Stuffed sweet potatoes
This is something I created with the leftovers of the roast chicken, but you could easily make these stuffed sweet potatoes a vegetarian meal – just maybe add another type of bean to go along with the chickpeas – the mustard and bouillon powders give it a great flavour.
- Two sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork a few times
- Two teaspoons olive oil
- One leek, cut in half lenghtways, then sliced
- Half teaspoon mustard powder
- Half teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 200g can of chopped tomatoes
- Leftover chicken (approximately one and a half shredded chicken breasts, or the equivalent in dark meat)
- 400g can of chickpeas (drained)
- Handful of kale (again, I used what was leftover from the roast)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step one: Put the sweet potatoes into a pre-heated oven at around 190 degrees and cook until soft (around an hour)
Step two: Thirty minutes after the sweet potatoes have gone in, start making the stuffing – Fry the leek in the olive oil until it starts to go soft, then add the mustard powder and bouillon powder.
Step three: Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for around five minutes. Turn the heat right down and add the chicken and chickpeas. Cook for a few more minutes, then add the kale and a bit of water. Stir until the kale is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step four: Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, slice open and then fill with the stuffing. Delicious!Keep in touch