The week that was: Week 20
Yeah. So… being back at work is rough. There’s so much to do and there’s no nap time and our office doesn’t have a pool. Also, turns out it’s not 27′ and sunny every day in London. What’s that all about!?
But, before I get too negative, there are plenty of reasons why I’m glad NOT to be on holiday any more, though. As nice as it was to be away, it’s always nice to come home and be reunited with some of the simple luxuries I usually take for granted.
- Deep conditioner. Salt, sun and chlorine are not my hair’s friend. By the middle of week two, my hair felt like straw.
- Rain. Okay, I’d be happy if we could live in this green and pleasant land without it, but rain is what makes England the beautiful country that it is, so I guess it’s ok.
- The Internet on tap. Sad, but I did really miss it.
- Cooking! Eating out is awesome but it’s also expensive and you can’t just have exactly what you fancy.
- My house. Having just started to get settled in the new house, it’s really good to get back to it.
- And following on from that: My bed!! I missed my duvet so much and there’s definitely something to be said for staying in the same bed every night…
This week’s reading:
- I started reading Longbourn on holiday and have been enjoying it on my commute this week – Pride and Prejudice reimagined from below stairs
- Are you too kind on yourself? I definitely feel as though I let myself slack off too much sometimes. For example, right now. Peter is unpacking. I was meant to start helping when I finished my cup of tea. And yet…
- I started A Beautiful Life’s Blog Life course. It’s a course you can take whenever you want and it’s so far really interesting.
This week’s workouts:Keep in touch