The week that was: Week 29
Photo from last weekend’s hilarious London Film and ComicCon. Hilarious because I was there with a large chariot in the shape of a Viking boat. As you do. There were also so many people in costume – Chewbaccas, Darth Vaders, pirates, princesses – it was hot and sweaty in the convention centre, but pretty fun all the same.
I have the day off today!! Hurrah! Sadly, my day off coincides with our builders, so there’s no lie in for me. I’m heading out of the house as soon as I can, to find a coffee shop and have a lazy breakfast and read my book. AH that sounds amazing. I love a random day off.
This weekend one of my favourite people is in London, and I’m taking her for lunch at The Dairy and then hoping against hope that the weather holds out so that we can do something fun outside in the afternoon.
Things I’ve loved this week:
- I met up with Lynne for a lovely walk down the Thames from Hammersmith to Putney – it was such a nice day for it, we seriously lucked out with the weather!
- I’m reading A Discovery of Witches and enjoying it so far. I also read Half the World for work, which is out next year, and which I loved.
- Loved this post from Nishaantishu about making friends when you’re older. I find it harder and harder to make new friends. I love the friends I have, and I guess I am just a bit lazy about making new ones. I do love meeting new people, but then don’t make enough effort to follow things up.
- Everything you need to know about starting a food blog.
- But on the other hand, blogs are dead.. This piece made me chuckle, I am so not down with the youth.