The week that was: Week 34
Above photo taken on Wednesday, when I worked from home. The light was streaming in on our kitchen table and it just looked so pretty with the fruit and the flowers, I had to snap a photo, while standing on the table. Not sure you’re meant to stand on tables at almost 5 months pregnant (getting down was not as easy as I had hoped!), but worth it to capture the sun.
This week has been awesome. I feel like I’ve definitely entered the second trimester bit where you are glowing all the time. I’ve had so many people tell me how good I’m looking, I’ve started to believe it! It’s amazing what a difference not being sick 3 times a day can make!
It was also awesome because I finally met one of my favourite authors, George R.R. Martin. I have worked on his books for about 2 1/2 years now, and was a fan before I started working on them, so it was really an honour to meet him. I can’t say we had a long conversation (he shook my hand and said ‘it’s a pleasure to meet you, Katie’), but it was still great. AND I met him at one of the most interesting events I’ve been to in a long time – him and Robin Hobb, another one of my favourites, in conversation. I knew it was going to be a good night, despite all the pre-event nerves that were wracking everyone in the office, but in reality it far surpassed my expectations. It was a totally fascinating discussion, and 90 minutes has never felt so short! Brilliant, brilliant evening.
And the FINAL (and best) way it was awesome is that I had my 21 week scan on Wednesday morning (hence the working from home in the afternoon), and the baby is looking healthy and all its bits that they can see on the scan are in the right place. It was curled up into a little ball with its hands in front of its face as if it were shy, but we still got to see it in there and say hello. It looks a little cramped in there, I must say! I guess that’s why I’ve been feeling it wriggling around so much more lately!
So, yay! All in all, I’m going into the bank holiday feeling pretty merry 🙂
Link love this week:
- I’ve been reading The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling and it is BRILLIANT. She is really something, isn’t she? I am totally sucked in and really love this series – I hope there is a lot more to come from Cormoran and Robin…
- Oh this? It’s just a cat, dressed like a shark, on a robot vaccum entertaining a baby dressed like a shark.
- These baby shaped fruit seriously freak me out.
- Really honest and frank post from A Rosie Outlook about how sponsored posts have been affecting her writing and her stress levels
- Similarly, this 5 year anniversary post from Lynne at Papermash is a reminder that starting your own business can be bloody hard work!
- Woo hoo, my new neighbourhood is on The Londonist!
- This food photography post gives me a bit of hope for my own skills!