Weekend link love
It’s my birthday tomorrow! Ok, not really. My birthday is in January, two days after Theo’s. This year, I celebrated my birthday with a visit from the health visitor. Fun times. So, I decided to have an ‘official birthday’ in the summer, and tomorrow is it! Because it’s the summer, it’s probably actually going to be quite a small affair – apparently some inconsiderate friends agreed to go to weddings or on holiday on my official birthday! Shock! But still, it should be a lovely day and there are a lot more people coming than I’d originally thought. We’ve ordered a big barbecue box from Field & Flower, whose meat is amazing*, and, er, got a bit carried away and ordered a new barbecue, and people are bringing sides and desserts. Yay!
How’s your week been? Here’s what I’ve been doing and reading this week…
- My paper book this week is one work sent me, called The Trouble with Goats and Sheep, which is out next year. I thought it would be one of those “quirky” books with long titles to show how quirky they are, which I am not a massive fan of, but it’s not at all. So far I’m absolutely loving it.
- My Kindle book this week is All The Light We Cannot See. I haven’t read much of it yet, but I think is going to be a sad one.
- I started a brand new series this week, cooking bloggers’ favourite recipes. My first featured blogger is the lovely Jen from Inky Collective (more from her below!), and I’m so excited to say that off the back of this post, I now have people signed up until the end of the year! I can’t believe what a great response I got to the idea, and I’m super excited to do the next recipe…
- Are you a blogger? Jen is the brains behind Blog Club, which is launching soon. If you fancy meeting up with other bloggers for chat, inspiration, or even just to have someone at the table next to you while you type up your posts, you should definitely sign up. I’m one of the founding members, so I’m biased, but this thing is going to be awesome.
- There are so many amazing colouring books for grown ups out there right now. I really, really, really want one. The ones at the top of my list are: Lost Ocean, Animal Kingdom and The Time Garden. They looks so serene, and I have the colouring pencils sat upstairs, just waiting to be used. I think I might get one or two when I go back to work to help me relax in the evenings.
- Does how you see yourself differ drastically from how others see you?
- Have I ever told you…? I love this post from Freya so much I think I might do something similar in the next couple of weeks. Have you ever visited her blog? I love her tone of voice.
- Catherine’s post about meal planning is fab. Funnily enough, I’m half way through writing one of these posts myself. It seems to be taking me ages – there’s so much to say about it!
- I reminisced about when I lived in India earlier this week. I so want to go back!
* We subscribe to a monthly box through Field & Flower, and they do a great ‘refer a friend and you both get 20% off’ deal. If you fancy trialling it, drop me an email and I’ll send you a 20% voucher.