One. More. Week.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Next week is my final week of maternity leave. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!? It feels as though the last 10 months have just completely disappeared. When I was knee deep in nappies and feeding every 45 minutes and shouting at Peter “He CAN’T BE HUNGRY AGAIN!” I thought that my maternity leave would be never-ending, but the last seven or eight months have been amazing, and the days have flown by. I’m going to write a more in-depth post about maternity leave next week, but for now I’m just trying to soak up every last minute of my time before I go back to work.
What have you been up to this week? Theo had a couple of days settling in at nursery, so I had a bit more time on my hands than usual. I seemed to spend most of it doing chores, but there was the occasional fun thing as well. I took naps, got my nails done, ate lunch on my own. It was quite strange. But pretty nice, I have to admit. It feels like I’m transitioning back into the world of being a grown up. Tonight I’m off for dinner with my team at work. I am really looking forward to spending some time with them before I have to settle back into the work routine. I’m hoping to get all the work gossip in one fell swoop – a nice way to ease back into the office!
Other nice things I’ve spotted this week…
- I love Anna Jones, and this veggie soup three ways looks lush.
- How good do these sweet potato recipes look?
- Do you know anyone who’s told you ‘we are pregnant’? This made me laugh out loud.
- Super interesting insight into the life of a recipe tester. At one stage I thought I might like to do this professionally, but I think it would probably take the joy out of cooking a little bit!
- Ugh. This account is funny, but also really highlights just how patronising most content aimed at women is!
- Some bloggers I follow have been sharing their secrets this week. Katy from Apt Apothecary shares her photography tricks and tips and Lucy from Capture by Lucy has been doing a series on Instagram.
- I love the idea of having a scooter! Maybe I should get one and make the 10 minute walk to the station just a little bit quicker…