This week’s link love
SO much link love to share with you this week! Here’s what I’ve been reading lately:
- I finished The Last of Us (read for work), which made me weep at the end. Quite upsetting, but also very powerful. Enjoyed. I also finished A Spool of Blue Thread, which was wonderful and makes me want to go back and read all of Anne Tyler’s backlist. I know I have read a few of her books in the past, but definitely not all, and so long ago it would probably be like reading them from scratch.
- Now I’m reading Louisa Young’s Devotion for work, which follows on from My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You and Heroes’ Welcome (neither of which I have read, but it hasn’t stopped me loving this book), and The Taxidermist’s Daughter at home, which is creeping me out! Very suspenseful – I find it quite hard to put down before I go to bed.
- I also read (I’ve done a lot of reading lately) The Gut Makeover, which has inspired me to give it a go. I start on Monday and you can read more about that here.
- Can you use gratitude to improve your approach to life? I’ve done this before, although not that consistently, and think it does actually make a big difference to your attitude.
- A lovely post on life with a newborn.
- I can’t believe how judgy people are about other people’s life decisions. If someone doesn’t want children, why should they have to justify it to any and everyone?
- I can definitely relate to this mum’s post about why she’s dreading life without Playboy nudity
- Oh man, I made this roast chicken with figs and it was SPECTACULAR. I was lazy and didn’t roast on three sides (who does that?), and I used the drippings to make gravy and WOAH. It was so good.
- I also made these cloud breakfast eggs. They tasted fantastic, but mine looked like a dog’s dinner compared to the ones on this blog. I got a bit carried away and added tomatoes, which I don’t think helped the consistency…
- Have you guys been watching War and Peace? What the actual f, Natasha!? I got very upset during the last episode. Why would she!?