Some reading for your weekend
How has your week been? Mine started off hectic. Theo has conjunctivitis, and was sent home from nursery for the first time. Luckily Peter had already been on his way to work from home, so was able to take him to the drop in clinic (where he didn’t end up getting any eye drops because the wait for a prescription was THREE HOURS! Come on, NHS!), but I still had to leave work early as he did actually need to get some work done. I was already a little stressed at work, as I had booked Thursday off, and there was a lot to get done in just two days.
But Wednesday was better, and I ploughed through my to-do list as best I could, meaning Thursday I was (almost) free as a bird! I did have to check in on some work in the afternoon, but other than that, I just relaxed and enjoyed a day without work, without baby, without a thing to do apart from getting some cooking done while I listened to podcasts. Wonderful.
Now another lovely weekend awaits. It’s my second ever mother’s day this Sunday. I wonder what Theo will get me..
- I’m reading A Certain Age for work, which is very glamorous escapism. Perfect fodder for me right now.
- And my non-work book is still First Bite, which is still very interesting. Definitely worth reading if you are interested in why we eat what we do, or are doing any kind of baby weaning right now.
- I definitely need to remember the glitter jar if and when Theo starts having tantrums.
- OH! I finally joined Snapchat. Are you on there? My username is katiemorwenna if you are. Come by and say hello!
- There is definitely no such thing as a smug mother. I think I’ve written about this before a little bit, although can’t quite remember what post it was in, but every mum you think is being judgemental about your decisions is definitely spending time questioning her own!
- My answer to this is: However you damn well please. Don’t tell me hot chocolate is a vile concoction. You, Tony Naylor, clearly haven’t lived.
- These hassleback aubergines look amazing.
- How dining has changed since 2000.
Have you read any interesting articles this week? Send your links my way, please!Keep in touch