Love love love list: February 2017
Top of my list this month OBVIOUSLY is having baby #2! Beatrice arrived in a very uncomplicated, positive birth, and, barring the occasional explosive poos, has been an absolute dream baby so far. I’ll write about the birth at some point in the future, because really – I didn’t know that such positive births actually happened in real life – but for now, I’ll just say that her arrival was the absolute highlight of the month. Aside from that, here are a few things that caught my eye online…
- Before Beatrice came along, I read two books – I finished Robin Hobb’s Assassin’s Fate (the final book in an incredible series I was working on), and read Orphan X. Since Bee’s come along (if you’re a Robin Hobb fan, you might see where her name came from!), I haven’t read anything, but I’m hoping to change that in March.
- Always top of my ‘self-love’ list…
- Love Gretchen Rubin’s Happier and Sara Tasker’s Hashtag Authentic podcasts. I’ve been listening to a fair few different ones lately – I might have to pull together a post soon to gather my favourites together, as there are so many good ones right now!
- A beautiful post on motherhood
- Two poems I found uplifting: Sometimes by Sheenagh Pugh, and a quick Twitter poem from Brian Bliston
- The Women’s Equality Party are campaigning for a Women’s Day Off next year – will you be taking part? Pretty sure that publishing would fall apart if there were no women in the office!
- Why you don’t need to “find your niche“…
- 10 things to do when it feels like you’re failing
- Teaching boys about healthy relationships – sad that this is needed, but it sounds like a great programme
- This Nigel Slater recipe (cooked pre-baby, obviously) was soooo good.
How has your month been? Anything that stood out for you?