Setting up your day with a Miracle Morning

Setting up your day with a Miracle Morning

It’s not often that I write a whole blog post about a book, but The Miracle Morning really took me by surprise. I was given it at my book love club. “This book changed my life”, the person who gave it to me said. I was really looking forward to reading it off the back of that review, but I’ll be honest, a lot about it turned me off.

First, the cover, which I am not a fan of at all (I have a US edition – I FAR prefer the UK edition). Then, the fact that there is pretty much no scientific research in it, and a lot of the ideas are based on the fact that Oprah does it, so it must be good. There is a lot of hyperbole. Every time a product name is mentioned, there’s a ™ or ® symbol, which I found incredibly annoying. The whole thing just feels like it needs a big edit.

So why am I writing about it?

And yet… yet somehow I found myself really loving it. I have been following the miracle morning routine the author recommends for a few weeks now and, while I haven’t been showered in wealth and the struggles I face in life are still there, I really do feel a shift in my energy and positive mindset.

The idea is, essentially, that you start every day with purpose and a routine of set activities designed to help you wake up, set an intention for the day and focus on what you are trying to achieve (that day and generally in life).

It is customisable – you don’t have to find a whole extra hour for it, if you don’t have it (I definitely don’t). Most days I do it while the kids are watching TV, since 9 times out of 10, it isn’t the alarm that wakes me up, it’s a small child. I take a minute in the kitchen on my own, then go and join them to do the other bits with Paw Patrol in the background. It’s become a nice routine, even if it’s not quite the serene morning I’d ideally start with.

Sign up to receive my regular email letter where I share some of my favourite things, as well as blog updates and other exclusive content. I will never spam you and you can unsubscribe anytime.

So – definitely interesting read. Has it changed my life? Not yet. But anything that gives me more energy right now is a Good Thing and something I will carry on with.

The Miracle Morning – Hal Elrod (this is an affiliate link, meaning if you buy something from Amazon after clicking, I will earn about 2p. I only ever write about products I love)

Setting up your day with a Miracle Morning

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 Comments

1. Rochelle @ Rhubarb and Wren

July 24, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Oo, this sounds intriguing! I am definitely not a morning person so anything that can make me feel more positive about getting out of bed is going to be a good thing… Will check it out!

2. Laura: Adventures with J

July 24, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Intriguing! I am not a morning person and could definitely channel some additional energy!

3. Rachel

July 24, 2018 at 6:12 pm

Wow this book sounds great and like something I need in my life as I am not very good at getting up early and being productive! Thanks for sharing!

4. Amy - All about a Mummy

July 24, 2018 at 10:30 pm

This is really interesting. I’m terrible in the mornings so I could do with some help!

1. BeNourishd

July 25, 2018 at 6:56 am

This should really help!

5. NafisahNK

July 25, 2018 at 6:22 am

Wow, I just bought it. I have discovered that early mornings make me feel energized through out the day. I will try to make it a habit xx

1. BeNourishd

July 25, 2018 at 6:55 am

It’s so interesting. At first I was like ‘there is no way I can make space for this’ but I only spend 10-15 minutes doing it and it’s become essential!

6. Kerry Norris

July 25, 2018 at 11:44 am

Sounds like I need to get this for my husband. He is terrible in the mornings. He needs something to get him energised

1. BeNourishd

July 25, 2018 at 9:21 pm

I’d love my husband to read this but sadly he won’t even look at a book like this! Hope you have better luck with yours…

7. BattleMum

July 25, 2018 at 9:09 pm

This sounds like an interesting read. I’m not sure it’s something I’d pick up but then I could enjoy it since you felt the same. I would like to be more of an optimist so maybe rwading it might help.

8. forkwardthinkingfoodinista

July 25, 2018 at 9:26 pm

Sounds like a good read. I am a morning person, but always looking for extra motivation. I may give this a whirl x

9. Michelle Murray

July 28, 2018 at 8:58 pm

I love the sound of this book. I love mornings but always nice to have a little extra motivation