I got a mini FitBit toward the end of last week, and have been using it this week to track how many steps I take. It’s meant to be an activity tracker generally, but I haven’t found it particularly useful for things like my morning exercise. After 40 minutes of pretty sweaty yoga, I was disappointed that it hadn’t picked any of it up! But I bought it to be a pedometer, and it does that job very well, so I guess you can’t have it all! In its first full week (Friday to Thursday), I took around 54,000 steps – an average of 7,700 a day. Some days were definitely better than others. Looking at a chart makes me realise how lazy I can be. On Saturday I basically went to the supermarket and then sat on my ass all day. Oops.
Reading this week
- The Fault in our Stars – Oh my God. So, I read this on my Kindle, and my eyes first pricked at around 34%. By the time I was around 80% in, I was a mess. I finished it at 8am last Saturday, after not being able to fall back asleep, and was basically sobbing by the end. Screw you, John Green.
- The Casual Vacancy – I really tried to like this, but I’m afraid I gave up. Sorry JK, I still love you.
- Northanger Abbey (Val McDermid)* – Loving this so far! It’s McDermid’s reimagining of Northanger Abbey and it’s so fun. Makes me want to go back and reread the original, as I realise I don’t know it very well.
- Redefined Mom’s wardrobe revolution – every now and again, Pinterest turns up something like this which makes me so happy. If all goes well, I’m moving soon, and my wardrobe is going to get a cull before I do
- Sam Baker’s inspirational ‘leaving an amazing job for ‘nothing” story – really thought provoking!
This week’s exercises
- Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown
- Yoga for back pain
- ‘Quiet workout‘ from Back on Pointe. Quiet in that it doesn’t involve jumping around and disturbing the neighbours, but still pretty strenuous.
- BeFit’s Toned Arms and Abs workout
Really looking forward to getting together with some lovely bloggers tomorrow in Leigh on Sea! How was your week? What are you doing this weekend?
*I work for the publishers, but my opinion is my own!Follow BeNourishd