This week was definitely made up of highs and lows. The highs were last weekend, when I had my birthday and turned 33. It felt like it was going to be a bit of an underwhelming day, so I didn’t plan anything, but then my cousin invited Peter and I over for lunch at hers, where she and her two daughters and her husband, mother and sister all gathered for lunch and she made it a big family affair, with 8 of us (plus 2 little ones) sitting down for a delicious meal and a slice of lemon cake (my favourite). It was SO nice – I hadn’t seen that side of the family much over Christmas, so it was great to spend some time with them and they made it a really perfect birthday. I also had a lovely mid-week dinner with one of my favourite people, Hannah, who I used to blog with. We went to Yauatcha, which was delicious.
The low, of course, going back into the office. I can’t complain too much about my job, as I do love it, but waking up and commuting is exhausting. And the days this week have been so long! It’s been a bit of a shock to remember that this is what life is like, not lazy mornings with slow walks in the afternoons! There’s no nap time!? What’s that about? But I know I’ll get back into the routine of things soon, so I’m just trying to hold on to the relaxed holiday feeling for as long as I possibly can…
How are you coping with post-Christmas syndrome?
Reading and watching this week:
- Christmas at Thornton Hall*
- Started on Natchez Burning*
- This amazing exchange between Meryl Streep and Emma Thompson – I love them!
- This cleaning calendar actually sounds doable.
- Would you ever cut out sugar completely? (Note: This is behind the Sunday Times paywall)
- The lovely new issue of 91 Magazine is out!
- The 7:39 – Did you watch this!? I LOVED it. God, I thought it was so wonderfully done – acted, written, everything. Plus, David Morrissey is fit.
This week’s workouts were a mixed bag. The first two were great, the second two, not so much:
- Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown – I should have known she’d make this super intense!
- Ten minutes to tone: Arm workout (Fitsugar)
- Victoria’s Secret Model Workout (Fitsugar) (doing this for 10 minutes will give me their figures, right? Right??)
- BeFit’s 10 Minute Tabata Legs and Chest workout (very boring)
How was your week? See any good recipes lately you think I should try out?
*Both books I’m reading for my job – ones a really fun, frothy romance, and the other quite an intense thriller so I might be biased, but I still enjoyed them!Follow BeNourishd