Reading… Elizabeth is Missing and hoping to never get old…
Listening to… Taylor Swift’s 1989 and having mini dance parties with Theo (not sure he knows what’s going on yet, but I enjoy them)
Watching… Revenge – midway through season two and LOVING THIS SHOW
Ready to… Get signed off by the doctor next week (hopefully) so that I can start doing some exercise again. Apart from the occasional walk, I haven’t been very active and I’ve really started to feel it!
Eating… lots more vegetables. I think I’m past the ‘all I can think about is a ready meal or something from the freezer stage’ and I’m really to start cooking again. As with the lack of exercise, I was really starting to feel a bit sluggish. This salad in particular was very delicious, using up a pumpkin my in-laws brought up from Cornwall!
Asking… everyone I know whether they know of any cool clothing shops for babies! I want to buy some non-expensive, non-blue outfits for Theo, who’s outgrowing all his 0-3 month clothing (seriously, we can barely get the little vests on him anymore…), but I’d like to have some cool clothes, and not just the standard farm animal babygros. Any suggestions?
Apart from that, on my mind this week is Valentine’s Day. This is not a ‘holiday’ I am normally a huge fan of, and I’m definitely one of those people who see it as a greetings card manufactured holiday. However, maybe it’s the hormones but this year (this was written about about 4 in the morning while feeding the baby, so I can get quite emo at those times!), but I am feeling pretty loved up this year. It’s not as though we don’t have our problems, as any couple does, but I kind of want to share just how amazing my husband is!
So, Peter, here’s a little thank you letter to you. I am so lucky to have you in my life…
Thank you for…
- Always encouraging me to get up off the sofa and be active. You’re the most positive and energy-filled person I know and occasionally, you rub off on me.
- For being my partner in the best sense of the word. We make the best team, whether it’s cooking together, figuring out how to lay flooring for the first time, painting a room or changing a nappy.
- Being the father of our beautiful little boy. Thank you for being my rock during what must have been a terrifying birth (I think you took more in of it than I did!). For telling me so often during the early days that I was doing a good job. That I was a great mum and whatever decisions I made were going to be fine.
- For making all the meals and getting me glasses of water and hoovering when I cried about the dust bunnies taking over the house. For creating a system for organising the baby clothes. For going out at 10:30 pm the night before a job interview to buy nappies in a bigger size when it became (very!) clear Theo had grown out of the ones we had.
- For all the little things you do to show me you love me, every day.
Happy Valentines Day.