The week that was: Week 40
Last weekend we pulled up some of the last vegetables from the garden. Two tiny peppers, about 8 baby leeks and one final cucumber. Between the scaffolding up for our loft project, and the decking up from our encounter with small furry animals, plus the broccoli that was completely eaten by cabbage whites, I wouldn’t describe our garden as a pleasant place to spend time. But we’re hoping to get some ideas from a landscape gardener we’ve been speaking to, and hopefully next summer it will at least be inoffensive, if not a mini Eden. But despite it’s ill appearance, it’s nice that we’ve had a very productive summer from it. It’s just so satisfying to eat something you’ve grown!
This week we reached October. What!? How did that happen? Less that three more months until this incredibly active bump (I’ve started watching it move from the outside now, it’s totally bizarre – like a scene from Alien) joins us on the outside. I can’t wait to meet it! I’ve actually started looking into the idea of mindful pregnancy and labour. More on this another day, but it’s definitely something I want to learn more about – some of the testimonials are pretty amazing.
This week’s link love:
- I read We Have Always Lived in the Castle. It was good, but I’m not sure I’d give it masterpiece status, as a lot of the reviews do!
- I’m reading The Intruders before it starts on TV at the end of October. This is for work (I’m part of the team who have set up a new book group on Goodreads – if you like thrillers, please join us!), and so far it’s very gripping! Really looking forward to seeing how they do it on screen, as well.
- 37 things British people will find amusing
- How amazing is Flossie Teacake’s new loft sewing room!? Our loft conversion started this week, and I just hope it comes out nearly as nicely as hers has!
- I saw this awesome October Instagram challenge and then instantly forgot about it when October started. Might still join in?
- Speaking on photo challenges, it’s #1day12pics tomorrow, so I’ll definitely be getting the camera out for that!
- I found this pretty new blog, after she featured my sloe gin recipe on her #growforagecook round up
- Not entirely relevant to my current life stage, but The Body Coach’s transformations on Instagram are pretty amazing!
- These things are almost as good as the feeling you get when you take your bra off at the end of the day! but not quite
How’s your week been?Keep in touch